The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) in Australia performed a life-saving procedure on an 18-year-old female jungle carpet python named Monty.
The snake had swallowed an entire beach towel on Wednesday in North Ryde in Sydney. Monty weighs five kilograms and is three meters long.
She was anesthetized and radiographs were taken to confirm the location of the start of the towel. It was then removed by veterinarians.
Monty was discharged from the hospital the same day and her owner said she’s back to her happy, hungry self.
Source: SASH, the Small Animal Specialist Hospital